Hard cider is a type of alcoholic beverage made from fermented apple juice. It is typically lower in alcohol content than beer or wine, and it has a number of potential health benefits. For example our Posdata ‘Original Recipe’ (Red label) is just 90 calories.
Some of the potential health benefits of a hard cider include:
- Antioxidants: Hard cider contains antioxidants, which can help to protect your cells from damage.
- Polyphenols: Hard cider also contains polyphenols, which are plant compounds that have a number of health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Vitamin C: Hard cider is a good source of vitamin C, which is an important nutrient for immune function.
- Fiber: Hard cider made with whole apples contains fiber, which can help to promote digestive health.
- Low in calories: Hard cider is lower in calories than beer or wine, making it a good choice for people who are watching their weight.
It is important to note that hard cider is still an alcoholic beverage, so it should be consumed in moderation. Excessive alcohol consumption can have negative health effects.
Here are some additional tips for enjoying hard cider in a healthy way:
- Choose hard cider that is made with fresh, whole apples.
- Look for hard cider that is low in sugar.
- Drink hard cider in moderation.
- Alternate alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic drinks.
- Eat a healthy meal before or while drinking hard cider.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Avoid drinking hard cider on an empty stomach.
- Don't drink and drive.